- For working check of this light, there are following three different type operations depending on the vehicle’s
- 1) The light comes on briefly when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” and/or “START” position.
- 2) The light comes on when the parking brake is engaged with the ignition switch in the “ON” position.
- 3) The light comes on when under either or both of above two conditions.
- The light also comes on when the fluid in the brake fluid reservoir falls below the specified level.
- The light should go out after starting the engine and fully releasing the parking brake, if the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir is adequate.
- The light also comes on together with the ABS warning light when the rear brake force control function (proportioning valve function) of the ABS system fails.
If the brake system warning light comes on while you are driving the vehicle, it may mean that there is something wrong with the vehicle’s brake system. If this happens, you should:
1) Pull off the road and stop carefully.
- Remember that stopping distance may be longer, you may have to push harder on the pedal, and the pedal may go down farther than normal.
2) Test the brakes by carefully starting and stopping on the shoulder of the road.
- – If you determine that it is safe, drive cautiously at low speed to the nearest dealer for repairs, or
- – Have the vehicle towed to the nearest MARUTI SUZUKI dealer for repairs
- If any of the following conditions occur, you should immediately ask your MARUTI SUZUKI dealer to inspect the brake system.
- - If the brake system warning light does not go out after the engine has been started and the parking brake has been fully released.
- - If the brake system warning light does not come on when the igni- tion switch is turned to the “ON” position.
- - If the brake system warning light comes on at any time during vehi- cle operation.
reservoir is considered normal periodic maintenance.